Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Polaroid Week is Here!

So, hello, and Happy Polaroid Week to you. Get out there and shoot some instant film, people! I must admit I was enjoying myself the other day trying to get some lovely photos at the Botanic Garden. I was also quite frustrated, as my plans for perfectly exposed px100 and px600 shots were foiled by sun and heat. Using a bag exacerbated the heat issue, I think, and one of the px100 photos was a big, muddy brown mess. Here are my two Day 1 submissions:

Memories of Springs Past

waterfall

Both of these were shot with PX100 film with my SX-70 Model 2 at the Chicago Botanic Garden.

I am astounded at the wonderful submissions for Day 1. Already so much to look at and ponder. And wonder why I even bother some days...

My absolute favorite of the day {and many others' favorite as well it seems}.  It's good crazy. And you know how I like a bit of crazy.

Click here to check out the Polaroid Week 2010 pool on flickr. But know you might get stuck browsing for hours on end...

I am not sure how long my energy will last - I don't have a stockpile of unscanned photos, as I haven't been at this very long. I took one photo today. Yep. Well, these photos are expensive! I'm a bit jealous of all the great color photos in the pool - I don't have much color film to use. Oops. Just got sidetracked looking at this photo. You should also check out this fun one.

Off to sleep. When does Day 2 start anyhow? Hope I can manage to find an appropriately wonderful {i would like cosmic, but i don't think that will happen} subject for some polaroids tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment